05 Aug 5 Tips to Help Prevent Flus and Colds for Infants
Parenthood is one of the most fulfilling achievements you can ever have in life. It’s full of ups and downs, yet you love being on that adventure. Today, you are busy shopping for cute baby carriers and baby clothes in Malaysia, and then the next week you are worrying about your little one’s flu. It’s true that we are all obsessed on making sure that our babies are in perfect health. But, how can we make sure that they are safe from all the viruses around?
Flus and colds come from viruses. The most effective ways to avoid these harmful viruses is to prevent your baby from coming in contact with them. Here are some simple rules that you can follow:
1.Don’t go near individuals who are ill. If you are working outside the house, or if your kids go to daycare or school, this is hard to do. Though, you can always tell people not to come to your house if they infected with flu or colds.
2.Follow correct hand-washing techniques. This is one of the best ways to avoid viruses and infections.
- Use soap and warm water.
- Rub both of your hands briskly together for around 15 to 20 seconds.
- Make sure to wash nails, in between fingers, and the back part of your hands.
- Wash both of your hands after shaking hands with another person who is ill, after taking out the trash,petting animals, using the bathroom, and changing diapers.
- Wash your hands after blowing your nose, or sneezing or coughing into your hands.
3.Cover your own mouth when coughing or sneezing. If there are no tissues within reach, you can cough into your folded elbow, instead of on your hands. A simple personal hygiene tip like this one can save your baby from possible illnesses.
4.As much as possible, avoid touching your mouth, eyes and nose.
5.When someone else in the household is ill, or not feeling well:
- Make sure that the plates are washed properly with hot water and soap.
- Use separate drinking cups, towels and utensils.